Noise canncelation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
I built a Computer for my grandpa its the last one in my specs. It has that raidmax mid tower case. That really cheesy piece of junk. He complains its too loud. I have 1 fan in the front 2 in the back and one led on the side door. Also the stock p4 2.8 ghz cooling fan. Now what could i do to keep him more happy and have it quiet?

Fan controllers to control the speed of the fans.

Some of them are even automatic according to the temperature.

or replace the fans with quieter ones

along with a quieter heatsink

can't think of anything else

no need to get a quieter heatsink, as you most likely have the stock heatsink in there (silent).. there's not much you can do about the noise because there are 4 fans running in that case, which will cause "noise".. a nice little hum that could put a baby to sleep heh.. just check out some more case fans, see which ones are quiet, etc.. look for reviews and whatnot.
I use Sunbeam fans which I've found to run great, and they're not noisy at all by themselves, but with 4 (like I have) it produces a nice hum which helps me sleep at night =p

panaflo fans are very good if you want something quiet. But a lot of the times with those cheaper cases, it's possible that the power supply fan is the culprit and not necessairly the other fans. That's how it is with my computer anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom