Going crazy getting a new comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOny mOnt4n4

In Runtime
Alright i posted on here about a week ago asking about compatibility issues with a bunch of hardware that i was about to buy from different sites. Everything seems good then my mom brings the printout of the parts to her work to have the computer guy there to take a look at them. He says "blah blah blah, get a Dell"...... Im still new to computer building but im not dumb.. ok so know im looking at www.newegg.com and im looking for a computer to play counter strike on and that i can upgrade later on if needed. Right now im at this:

Ram ::: Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200
mobo ::: GIGABYTE "GA-7N400-L" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU (not sure about this)
processor ::: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache
Case ::: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-138-033&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE
Cd/rw ::: Samsung Black 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive
vid card ::: i have a ati 9600 xt already

Will this be EVERYTHING i need for my tower??? Will it all be compatible??

Hard drive? nice case... nice mobo.. could get a faster processor.. like 400fsb..

The proc/motherboard should be fully compatible. Make sure the processor is retail so that it comes with a heatsink/fan.. or just buy one yourself. xoxide.com / nexfan.com

I would consider looking at Directron for your case , you have the option to upgrade your power supply.I would choose an Enermax
or Antec True Power at 450 Watts .Dont forget front and rear cooling fans.

I think it looks pretty good... but like zero said, you definitely need a hard drive on that list, and if you can spend a few more bucks, you may want to get a little faster processor. It should all work fine together though. Good luck with everything!

Stick to the 2500 AMD, don't get a pentium you'll just be spending extra cash that you don't need to. You can also overclock the 2500 to a 3200 without doing any kind of harm to your computer, your cpu will last for at least 5 years, unless it's just defective =)

Yes, stick with AMD. For your first time you will I'm sure you will like Athlon better..

what am I saying, AMD is better...

Go with it, for CS, AMD is definently awesome.. and + its NoA's choice of processor and sponsor :D

you can get a 2500 and oc it to 3200. you can also get a pentium 2.4 ghz and oc it to 3.0 or above on stock cooling. and the pentium is a faster processor. go with a pentium, not amd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom