CD Drive gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxymama

Solid State Member
I hope I'm posting in the right place because I need help! I recently moved my computer and now my CD drive doesn't work. I have a Dell and I'm running Windows XP. I've checked everything several times to be sure everything is connected right. The CD drive isn't showing in My Computer. When I start the computer a black screen comes up telling me this;

SATA Secondary drive 0 not found
Primary drive 0 not found
Primary drive 1 not found
Secondary drive 0 not found
Secondary drive 1 not found
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

It wasn't doing that before I moved it. It wasn't dropped, banged or anything. I've read my Dell manual but it's no help.
How can I fix this?

oh boy that is not good... it can't find your hard drives. your IDE cable might be dead

right, like amy said your IDE cable might be dead, or the IDE ports could have become damaged during the move, i would recomened purchaisng a cheap ide cable and give that a go

Yes is it. There should be a few of them going from your hard drive and cd rom drives and they connect to the motherboard.

Yes, you will most generally have two different types of "ribbons"

The ribbons are your IDE/ATA cables, and you're FDD cable.

of course, if you have SCSI then that will be a ribbon as well.

but yes, it is the long flat one, and it is wider than the FDD ribbon.

I would just replace your ribbons, that's cheap, and if it doesn't work, then you didn't lose that much money :) and you know it's the MOBO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom