A question about raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did i install raid wrong?
When I pressed f10 to get to the Raid setup screen.
I put the setting on Striping. Put both HDDs on the Array Side. And pressed save and exit.

For some reason when I try to format, install, or anything. It doesn't let me!
It also says I have 478gb of space, when I have 2 250 gigs. I thought Raid 0 would make my HDDs 250 gigs, but really fast..

I'm really confused, there is nothing I'm doing wrong (to my knowledge.)

Help?

In reality there are 1,073,741,824 bytes in 1 gigabyte
Most hard drive manufacturers will label a drive with 1,000,000,000 bytes as 1 gigabyte and so on
Your drive is probably 250,000,000,000 bytes
Divide that by 1,073,741,824 to get the actual storage in gigabytes

This is normal for all drives

About installing, you need to load SATA and RAID drivers from a floppy during the windows XP installation or windows won't find the drive. You can also slipstream the drivers on to your XP CD

I used the floppy last time and it worked. The only difference between this time and last time, is that last time I used only 1 drive for Raid 0. (I think I did at least.)
In Raid 0, when I finished installing, the first time I got everything setup successfully, not a single error. I download the Media Source tool from nvidia (on my driver cd) and it tells me that I have 1 HDD in Striping, and I have 1 free disk. (This is why I think I only used 1 drive for raid 0)

When booting up, you should be able to see which drives are in RAID0. You need 2 disks for RAID0. When using 2x 250GB disks you will have a 500GB RAID0 volume in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom