Better case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
So now that I finally narrowed my motherboard down (thanks a lot), I'm trying to narrow my case down. I've got two cases at around the same price and I can't seem to pick one.

Lian Li V1000BPLUSII
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V1000BPLUSII W Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
This case looks very nice and everyone knows Lian Li has a great name in case manufacturing for quality and appearance. The inside is big, however, I'm reading it has problems with larger PSU's. Also, I'm hoping it's deep enough for the heatsink(s) I am planning to buy, either the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro or the Thermalright Ultra 120. Something I like a lot about the case is the side fan placement. The case has the motherboard placement inverted and the side fan sucks air in right to where the 8800GTX would be.

Cooler Master Starck CM-832
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
This case looks very nice as well, and Cooler Master also is a well known name with great quality. The inside of this case is huge! I've heard no problems with large PSU's and I've seen a video of someone who owns this case and the Thermalright Ultra 120. The only thing this case seems to have on the Lian Li is the cooling factor. Now this is good and bad because more fans means more noise (possibly), but it also means cooler hardware. Something else is functionality. I saw a video review and the case has so many features, a few that I love is the removable motherboard tray, the front swing door can be switched to either side, and the top panel has huge indentions on purpose for carrying the case more easily.

I currently own the P180B from Antec. It's a great case but I did run into the PSU placement problem. I had to remove the bottom fan in order to place my PSU in the case which barely gave any room even after that. This also made it hard to feed the wires up to the components to begin with, but I managed. Also, I had trouble connecting the ATX pin to the top of the motherboard I currently own since the PSU was all the way at the bottom of the case. I had to drive to the next city over (25 mins) to purchase a extender.

I don't know if this helps with your recommendations, but here is the PSU I have:
Silverstone Modular 750W
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST75F ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply 115 - 240V - Retail

$139.99 Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Is a very highly recommended case. Additionally, you can get a Tuniq Tower to fit in the case which will help with keeping the temps down.

Power supplies any of these:

$169.99 - $20.00 mail in rebate = $149.99
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

$129.99 - $10.00 mail in rebate = $119.99
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

$65.99
Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX 12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV - Retail

I already own that Silverstone 750W that I'm going to use in the next case I buy. I'm not looking for a PSU.

Thanks for the case suggestion though, I have looked at that one.

Sorry bout the PSU recommendation. Thought it said you were looking at getting that PSU.

As for the case. Yeah I am going with the Antec 900. Heard way to many good things about it to not follow the recommendations given.

It's ok, thanks for taking the time to look those PSUs up.

I must say, the 900 is tempting as it costs less, but I just like those other two so much as well. They looks so nice and have so many nice features, I guess that's why they are $200+

Plus, they have A LOT more space than the 900. I don't know... argh!

I'd go with the Lian-Li.. I love em.. It's all personal choice though, can't really help you with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom