clean graphics install

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I just bought a BFG 7900 GS and just sold my evga 7600 gt. I want to make sure I install this perfectly so i get the best out of the performance.
I think i do have a nvidia chipset- a 430/410. I do have driver cleaner pro. Im going to be removing my 7600 gt today. What steps should I take to clean it out perfectly and then install the new gfx card. Im not sure which driver version is the best so far.

Just delete your forceware or whatever you use and also your display driver, then use the cleaner thing you got(i use ccleaner and clean the reg normally) and then turn the pc and install the card.
The use the cd that came with it, this should have the display driver to make it display a picture and also so you can set screen res.
Then go onto nvidia site(i use filehippo) and download the lastest forceware.
You will be prompted to restart probably so do that and then when it comes on you may have to set your screen res back and you should be good to go.

well i do have integrated graphics. so should i just dl the latest from the site and not bother with the cd.

What I would do is, uninstall the graphics driver. Then use the driver cleaner. Then take out the 7600GT, and install the 7900GS. Go to the nvidia website, download their latest driver, restart the computer, set my resolution....and done.

Alright. I read somewhere If you have a nvidia motherboard or something you should use the drivercleanr because it may remove ure chipset files too. Is that true or should I not bother?

well i do have integrated graphics. so should i just dl the latest from the site and not bother with the cd.
no do what i said even if its integrated, just get rid of everything thats "display files" on your pc, then you can get up and running via the cd you should have with it, then install the forceware(that wont be on the cd)

Alright. I read somewhere If you have a nvidia motherboard or something you should use the drivercleanr because it may remove ure chipset files too. Is that true or should I not bother?
Mate just do what i said, dont use that drivercleaner if your too worried, i use ccleaner and use the "issues" function to clean the reg, you dont have to be too fussy, well i never have been and all my cards have worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom