CPU Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberg

Baseband Member
I opened my overclocking software that came with the motherboard to see what it could do, and it says my CPU temperature is 250 degrees c (500 fahrenheit). I assume this is wrong as my computer wouldve melted if it was that hot? Or should i be crapping myself? When i put my hand in the case it all feels completely cold, my old system used to be warm inside the case. Thoughts?

I haven't overclocked it at all.

Also, it has a flashing exclaimation mark next to my fan speeds:
CPU fan: 820rpm
System fan: 300rpm

Are they bad speeds?

I updated the software and it now says 20degrees, which is much nicer. Although it still has a flashing ! next to the CPU fan speed, 830 RPM.

I've got a
Core 2 Duo e6320 using the fan it came with
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Motherboard

Tell me if you need to know anything else to do with the CPU fan speed.

Sounds spot on, and the fan speed is ok

I use Everest to check my temps, tells me cpu,gpu, mobo, HDD, its very good for free

Cheers, just downloading that.

As a quick question, to what extent would i need to improve the cooling over the standard stuff in my case, to overclock an e6320?

I've never done it before and if i want to try i want to be 100% sure what i'm doing.

well 20degress is very cool indeed, so you could probably overclock some without doing any fan upgrades(but dont take my word wait for someone who knows 100%)
If you need improved cooling then thats pretty cheap anyway.

Ok, i just played a game for a bit (Stalker, max settings except resolution and sun shadows) and it went up to 25 degrees.

Would it literally be a case of overclocking a little, leaving it for a while to check its ok, then doing a little more until it starts getting warmer? What temperature is the maximum?

well my amd is running at about 35 when im not doing anything and when i play a game it goes over 40, thats still fine though for my amd but im not sure on Intel.
Your best off posting this in the upgrading section near the top, its much more busy than this section and more people "in the know" will be there.

sorry i thought you posted elsewhere but you actually posted in the right place so dont worry just wait a while and others will answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom