Possible power unit problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I hear a whining noise coming from my power unit and when I try to start my computer, it goes through the entire bootup sequence, then shuts down and restarts when it almost makes it to my desktop. All fans are spinning and my temps are good. Do I need to buy another power unit?

Thanks.

maybe something is wrong inside as i had that problem before. just knock it and it should be fine but i never had problem restarting itself but sometimes the fan doesn't align correctly. especially with old ones or some crappy ones. or else buy a new psu. and are you sure it has enough power for all the components?

how many watts is your psu? what components do you have? cpu, graphic card, hard drives etc. if you are sure that your psu can handle enough power then something might be wrong with the psu.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I have enough power for everything, believe it is a 450W and I only have the regular stuff, no high end graphics card or extra stuff. Sounds like there is an issue w/ the fan of the PSU. Any recommended new PSUs?

Just realized that I only have 350W and it was the PSU that came w/ the case. Good case...maybe not good PSU.

What do you all recommend...450? 500? Just have regular compenents listed below.

Also, how much should I typically spend for a PSU? $50?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom