Intel Vs AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pentium 4 runs at 3.2ghz at a way higher voltage than both those processors and it's not even 1/4ths as fast as either one of them. Go with the E6600

Hense the $750+ comment. AMD will not be on top. You're only on top when people actually buy your **** products. If AMD comes out with a killer true 4-core cpu, and it totally omg ubber ownz intel, it will still run SOOO hot, be a total power hog, and cost WAAAAAAAY too much. Intel has enough wealth to lowsell AMD, and right now... WE DON'T NEED FASTER PROCESSORS. Once DX10 really gets into the mainstream a year plus, then we'll need more speed.

ok the core2 statements were true, but that post smells of intel fanboy. lets use some facts here. You probably have no idea about the technology or features behind the K10, so how can you make a statement like that? people like you make me mad. The K10 will be fast, thats about all we know, will it outperform the core2s? maybe, maybe not, will the penryn kick AMDs butt? maybe, maybe not. but that fact both companies next gen hardware hasn't been released yet, hence the name next gen. Don't make statements like that until you have seen some reviews and benchmarks.

ok the core2 statements were true, but that post smells of intel fanboy. lets use some facts here. You probably have no idea about the technology or features behind the K10, so how can you make a statement like that? people like you make me mad. The K10 will be fast, thats about all we know, will it outperform the core2s? maybe, maybe not, will the penryn kick AMDs butt? maybe, maybe not. but that fact both companies next gen hardware hasn't been released yet, hence the name next gen. Don't make statements like that until you have seen some reviews and benchmarks.

yes a truly unbiased opinion..... thank you

Hey, I'm a power:weight ratio kind of guy, you know what I mean? I'm no fanboy, I buy what's best for the least $. I'm not biased, I simply paid attention in history class when we covered "capitalism and industry". Intel has the financial MIGHT to underprice AMD, and we have seen that with the repeated price cuts. They make offers we can't refuse. Honestly, I don't care how "good" AMD's new chip is. I don't need it, and neither do most gamers. Intel's cheapo processors can OC to 3GHz, which is more than enough for us, unless you own SLI'd GTX's or something. So even if AMD's K10 spanks the C2D, they will need to sell it for still relatively cheap to beat Intel. "On top" in my book means becoming the gaming standard. Who cares if it beats Intel if you need DDR3/1K psu/and a semester of college worth of gfx cards to use it. AMD will need to bite the bullet.... HARD... if they want to make themselves a viable choice for mid-end gamers. That's all I'm saying.

AMD has the extreme budget sector right now with the 3600 for $60.

all other sectors belong to Intel, particularly good intel deals to me look like the E4300 for $119 which you can oc' to 3 ghz even on value ram, and the 6320 with 4 mb cache and also oc's to 3 ghz without any fancy cooling.

I wouldn't call AMD out just yet. they have bounced back before. the k10 will either give them a good 30% or more market share and truly make the cpu market something like the graphics card market. or it could set them way back. i don't think it would kill them, for that they would screw up the k0s successor too.

but everything that i just said is speculation. so i may be wrong.

mmm. I'm all for competition. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think AMD has what it takes to take back the gaming cpu crown just yet. They have stiff competition and it's not looking to backoff anytime soon.

I think everyone seems to be overlooking the AMD - ATI bond. If AMD pull something spectaculer out for ATI users like advanced support, better overclocking potential, better compatability, aswell as if ATI at the same time brings out a set of cards to give Nvidia a real good run we could see a real shift in the CPU market.

And lets not forget if you're looking at price, the price for a good 2 x PCI-e motherboard with a socket for a Core 2 duo is a lot lot more than a 2 x PCI-e board for an AMD processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom