Im a noob with some gaming computer component questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

If you did want a little advantage over the competition, you could get a better sound card. A good sound card will help you hear things that you otherwise didn't even know existed (i.e. enemy footsteps, doors closing, etc)

I have one last question. Would it be ok if I did not buy the harddrive you told me too and used my own then I could buy a more powerful processor like a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane. Or would it not be worth it. Thanks a lot for all your help. :D

That would be ok. I didn't look, but I guarantee that mobo b1gapl picked out has both IDE and SATA connectors, so either HD you have will work.

Also, the only reason to buy a new one is so you can get more storage space.

Wait, so would there be any difference in using the one he told me too and the one I have?
Plus, it would be better to buy the 5000+ instead of 3600+ and I wouldnt need a better fan or something like that right? Thanks again.

There would be a big difference between your current and this new list.

It would be better but more expensive. Plus you can overclock the 3600+, past 5000+ speeds.

Overclocking is really good. You get more of your money's worth. It also can be risky. But don't let that scare you, because it's safe now a days. If something gets to hot or high, the computer will just automatically shut off.

Well the 5000+ is better, but if you want to save money, just get the 3600+, and overclock to 5000+ speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom