Best motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem so that it is...however I haven't really seem much difference yet from it and the P35C-DS3R....aside from the heatpipes.

True, and it's much cheaper. $160 for the P35C-DS3R sounds better than $225 for the P5K Deluxe any day in my book (if we're talking about similar performance.)

Besides the heatpipes, two more USB ports, dual lan, only one x16 (no SLI for me anyhow), not a big difference.

I wonder if I should spring for another Tforce since this one has the connectors in the right place lol...I made the EXACT same choice over the DS3 with the 965PT 6 months ago lol...and it worked out

EDIT: nevermind there are different version of Biostars P35 board and the one newegg has still has the same crappy plug placements hehe.

I'm still kind of torn between the mobos, but you guys think the P35C-DS3R is the way to go? No other competition? (Competition that applies, for instance I don't have to have DDR3 support)

I will most likely be picking up this one.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Since I don't need DDR3 support at all. However they the P35C version is the exact same BIOS and features aside from the extra RAM slots for DDR3

EDIT: I trust Gigabyte a lot ever since the DS3 and the only board even close is the Asus P5K which if it's anything like the P5B Vanilla the DS3 was better not only for the money but for overclocking as well so I would pick up the Gigabyte. P35 if you if you want to save some money P35C if want DDR3 support. However I would not worry about DDR3 just yet...

Yeah, I'm not worried about DDR3. I'll save myself some money.
But, I think I'll be holding off for the whole system until around July 22 to see if the Q6600 does in fact drop to sub $300, in which case I'll definitely buy it.

I've heard rumors of the 8800GTX Ultra dropping below $600 as well, but I can't seem to find the date or a projected date for that one. But waiting about a month gives plenty of time for a more concrete date to come up and some more hardware price drops.

I would get an 8800GTX and save yourself some money if prices drop. The Ultra is hardly any faster than the GTX and not worth the money most likely.

I would get an 8800GTX and save yourself some money if prices drop. The Ultra is hardly any faster than the GTX and not worth the money most likely.
YouTube - 8800 GTX vs 8800 Ultra xxx DX10 lost Planet

This guy compares an 8800GTX vs a 8800GTX Ultra side-by-side and in very demanding situations, the Ultra maintained 30fps+ while the GTX slipped to around 15fps.

I was pretty surprised because normally I'd have the mind to get the GTX and save all that money since there shouldn't be a huge performance increase. But it seems something must have been done. I must admit I am still somewhat skeptical, but still, it has made me think. But yeah, if the Ultra drops below $600 the GTX should get to around $400-450 which would be VERY nice.

*edit*
Also, Nvidia ticked me off in there 7 series because I bought the 7800GT when it was the hot item. You know, when you thought you were smart cause it's about as good as the 7800GTX minus the 512MB memory which isn't really utilized in gaming (in that point in time). Then about a month later they release the 7900GT which is significantly better, but VERY similarly priced. I'm sure a 8900GT/GTX is around the corner, even something like a 8950GTX.

the ultra is just a gtx with a better cooler. i think ur forgetting they r comparing a xxx o/c ultra at 675/2300 with a gtx at 575/900. if u say had a stock gtx o/c at 640/2000 there would be less difference, maybe 5 frames depending. now if u were comparing a stock gtx with a stock ultra (612/2160) there would be minimal difference making the ultra a waste of money.

edit: just remembered core is at 685

Okay now that I have read this I am switching from the msi P6n Plat to the Gigabyte DS3R. It's cheaper and from what I read it overclocks alot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom