Best motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more expensive DS3R supports DDR3 and DDR2. I would go for the cheaper one.

The mix DDR2 and DDR3 seams like it would be buggy to me. Like when the AGP PCI-E motherboards came out and had all kinds of problems. I want to hear some first hand opinions about it before I consider buying. It could be an amazing board though, and I hope it is.

Yea or the DDR and DDR2 memory slot boards those were weird...

Here is someone on my favorite site who has the board that I will most likely be picking up...

510mhz FSB on P35C-DS3R - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

EDIT: Probably not B1gapl however maybe since thye are the same pins DDR3 can somehow run at the same speeds of DDR2? I mean DDR2 can't be forward compatible if the CPU requires DDR3 but it could be possible being the same pins that DDR3 is backwards compatible..

Yea or the DDR and DDR2 memory slot boards those were weird...

Here is someone on my favorite site who has the board that I will most likely be picking up...

510mhz FSB on P35C-DS3R - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

EDIT: Probably not B1gapl however maybe since thye are the same pins DDR3 can somehow run at the same speeds of DDR2? I mean DDR2 can't be forward compatible if the CPU requires DDR3 but it could be possible being the same pins that DDR3 is backwards compatible..

wow....510 FSB, without voltage increase....very interested in one...

Yes maybe you should put that P5N-E up for sale and join the P35 fun with me haha. I really want that board now....too bad I don't have the money for a P5K3 which gives a good bit more FPS than the standard P35's but oh well heh it's 1105 bucks more for about 5% more FPS on average

EDIT: nevermind I looked the charts wrong. The DS3R gets pretty much the best same FPS as the P5K3 board.

So the Asus P5K3 seems to be top dog? I was about to spend $200 on the Asus P5W Deluxe, so I think I could push $50 more for a much better mobo.

Or should I save $25 and get the normal P5K 'cause I won't use DDR3 anytime soon.

It would seem so that it is...however I haven't really seem much difference yet from it and the P35C-DS3R....aside from the heatpipes.

Well some of these boards support both DDR2 and DDR3 so I don't see how they could do that if they didn't fit the same way....not exactly sure but I would think they would fit both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom