RAID calls me...and Newegg is Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
How about just today I decided I was NOT going RAID 0 afterall becuase I figured I did not need it that bad for 70 bucks to get another drive but how about i open up my e-mail today and the first message I received is a newsletter from Newegg with promo codes to their recertified items. The first item on the Ad and all nice looking was a Recert WD 250Gb SATA 3.0 HDD...normally 59.99 on sale with the promo code for only 49.99! Gosh that's kind of ironic becuase now I think I am going to reconsider...funny how this stuff works.

Here is the drive that is on sale with the promo...I think it was meant to be >.<
Newegg.com - Recertified: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

I think I trust Recert's from Newegg even if the warranty is only 90 days...

Go for it. No one can pass up a deal like that. I though will pay the extra $20 for a new one. Its my first time building a new PC and I dont want to mess it up with a bad HD or other components.

Yea for a new system might as well go with a new one to be safe but for me that's one **** of a deal becuase I need to re-order my P5N-E anyway after it gets accredited on the RMA. I guess I will use the paycheck I received for a days work to purchase that after.

i would also buy the new hd since it is going to be a new computer i rather like the feeling of having everything brand new.

I was at Fry's (yes, I know they suck). They've got 500GB WD SATA drives for $110 new, marked down from their usual in store price of around $170. I got 3 of them! (They're going in my RAID5)

wow, awesome deal on the 250, i think i bought mine around a year ago for 90+, back then it was a deal! I think thats around 6 dollars per gig your spending? i dunno how that'd work but it's pretty awesome deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom