22' LCD monitors and GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I'm considering buying a Samsung 22' or the spectre 22' lcds.

Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X22WG-1080p Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1(DC 3000:1) - Retail

My current monitor is 17', 16ms response and 400:1 contrast. As you can see these monitors would be quite the upgrade, but I also have a 6800gs and won't upgrade until X-mas when hopefully there is a new 6600gt type bargain upon the world.

Until then, and even then I will play crysis, and know I can't run it at 1680 x 1050 without dropping serious cash, so how well do these monitors scale? Do they look good outside native resolutions? I plan on running my older games like COD2, far cry, and CSS at full rez, but crysis etc of course not.

For movies & browsing I'd love the bigger screen too.

The Samsung is one of the best 22" LCDs out there. I have that Sceptre you linked, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I just heard people complaining about the DVI port dying after a few months. I just use the VGA. No biggie..

Gaming on that resolution, with your computer specs, might be a stuggle. A 19" resolution like 1440 x 900 would suite better. But a 22" is great for movies.

i agree u need a good graphics crd and cpu for that resolution. I highly reccomend the Hp w2207 its a glossy type monitor which is AMAZING in all games i play cnc tiberium, fear, sup com, and many others and have never noticed ghosting or any lag. Glossy type has the clearest and brightest picture check it out.

b1gapl doesn't it come with a 1 year warranty? I'll only want to use dvi for a digital connection and better image quality, so I guess I'll just keep my eyes on the samsung and hope for a price drop to motivate me a little more.

Yea...definitely the Samsung over the Sceptre. Better quality, with the Samsung. That Samsung in particular has gone up though. I saw it some time ago, at $289.99

Samsung are pretty much the highest quality of monitors out there. They make SICK!!!! HDTV's as well....

I have the Samsung 226bw and it is the most beautiful monitor I've ever laid eyes on. I whole heartedly recommend it but you will need a good pc to play on max resolution. Scaling is also a lot better than I thought it would be; it's not all that bad in my opinion. Especially when you're trying to play at a lower widescreen resolution, you get used to it pretty quickly.

ive got the dell 22" and it is really good.had no issues at all. but then again all monitors look the same to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom