120mm fan blowhole question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero1424

In Runtime
ok im gonna do it the holesaw way, I just wanna know what size it should be.. because 120mm is 4.724409 etc etc inches..
If I get a 4.5inch will it be too big?

alright heres how i did it. i traced the circular part of the fan (where it actually blows)onto a piece of paper, traced the outline of the fan, and the inside part where the motor is. then i cut out the square outline of the whole fan. after that i used permenant marker to trace the outline so it bled onto the case. after that, i drew 8 equidistant lines to hold the center part on. heres what it looks like:
____
|\ /|
| \ /|
| O |
| / \|
|/ \|

uhh yea too lazy to take a pic but there u go :confused:

Im so confused.. It sounds like you just drew it on.. .?? The inside part you mean like the little circle part in the middle.. yea..what??

Take a pic

and I cant even see it :( I don't plan to do that. Im gonna do it neater and with a holesaw :eek:

I did the hole saw on mine. It works good, just go slow and make sure you get a hole saw for metal and not for wood. Mark your case through the screw hole on the fan and draw an x. This will give you the center of where the fan will lay in the cut out. Predrill the hole where the center of your cut out will be. and use the drill part of the holesaw as a guide. Drill out the holes for the screws and use a round file to remove any burrs on the cut out. Attach your fan to the cut out and your done.

Doesnt even matter the size dude. Like the approximate size. 4.5 sounds good. This is not rocket science here. just put a fan grill over it when ur done.

And if you wanted you can just drill a bunch of wholes like they do it normal cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom