Crucial or OCZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

From either Tigerdirect, or Zipzoomfly. I'm looking for a semi budget build, so getting ram for ~$100 is pretty much out of the question. That's why I'm really wanting to get either the Ballistix or the OCZ since I hear both are very good, and they are selling at a really great price now with the rebates. They usually sell for $120+.

Forgot to mention, I am considering OCZ Platinum as well, which is at 4-4-4-15. I believe $79 is a pretty nice price for it.

Thats a very nice price since they are 125 bucks normally however the G.skill HK's for 99 bucks will blaze to around DDR2-1200 if you want...

I'm pretty sure the Ballistix would too at 4-4-4-12. [ Hardware.Info ] - Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 2 GB [BL2K12864AA1005]
"Maximum OC clock frequency (3-3-3-9 timings) 920 MHz"
"Maximum OC clock frequency (4-4-4-12 timings) 1200 MHz"
"Maximum OC clock frequency (5-5-5-15 timings) 1200 MHz"

I realize the Platinums OC a bit lower, but I'm really not to familiar with memory OC'ing, so don't really know how much of it I would be doing, so even at stock, I guess Ballistix is the way to go.

That Ballistix and HZ's are both D9's. They will pretty much max out around the same speeds...the OCZ are not D9's..

Timings for an AMD owner play a large part in the performance. Intel not so much though yea.

G.skill is better for the money however Ballistix is very good stuff as well...

lol..... speed is better than tight timings. everyone at OCN and diy-street both agreed to this. benchmark this if u dont believe me.

It's true that speed is more important if you can get a better overclock but understand for an AMD machine they run on Hypertransport. Certain timings such as 1T over 2T on an AMD system do make a large performance difference.

It's true that speed is more important if you can get a better overclock but understand for an AMD machine they run on Hypertransport. Certain timings such as 1T over 2T on an AMD system do make a large performance difference.

PWNed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom