Upgrade to BFG 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true^^ as i could not with my EVGA. Nevertheless, its an amazing card and wow i payed 200$ nearly 4 months ago, so for 100$ its a steal.

lol for what it cost u to buy one 7900gs KO, he can get two of them :)

I'd really only upgrade from the 7600gt to the 7900gs if you're selling the 7600gt for a decent price, or something. Obviously, the 7900gs is a good ways ahead of the 7600gt, but not sure if that step up warrants paying 100 more dollars.

I have the 7900gs, it's a good card.. I got mine to 585/1814 on stock cooling and voltage.. it gets to 77c when load on games though, so I wouldn't really recommomend running it that high.. I have some ghetto cooling solution.

well i read somewhere that i could unlock the pipelines but thats ok. Will i be able to play Call of Juarez with good settings. Can I overclock this card without buying anything to cool it down. And im hoping it will fit in my case. I have an emachines which im not proud of it.

You cannot unlock pipelines in any new card as they are laser cut...so they aren't locked they are just cut off. Yes you should be able to get around 600/800 clock speed on stock cooling. I suggest buying the RX blue PCI fan to put under the card and it will help it cool down very good. You don't need an aftermarket fan with this card. It will defiantly fit it's not that large of a card.

so should i get the rx pci fan or not?... i might want to get 2 gigs of ram total since thats all it can support. I have 4 slots total and 2 used with 512's in each. wat is the best bang for the buck that will work good with this card. Anything thats better than the current emachines ram i have willwork

i tried to unlock pipelines on my old 6800gs once. people had told me i could unlock pipelines but as they were laser cut (or so ppl told me thats y it didnt work) it did not work since my was a newer gs since i only bought it last year.

well i guess ill just try o' clocking it a bit. I just sold my 7600 gt for like 75 bucks. So its like I bought my new card for 25 bucks. And that seems like a great deal for me. Now I need more ram, I already have it posted somewhere else for where and what kind of ram I sh ould get.

Performance or value ram? For ocing and faster timings look over Corsair xms series, Crucial, Kingston HyperX, For the older Asus boards Mushkin had a rep for ocing there, OCZ is a premium brand to add.

Im so mad, i just got an email from Frys saying that the item went OOS. So now its on back order. Im not sure how long I'll have to wait till new shipments arrive. Now I have no gfx card at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom