Gaming Rig Build Critique, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
However an X2 @ 3.3ghz will give him very good frames with an 8800GTS though and if he is getting a deal then let him be...

ok ok....I just don't understand why anyone in their right mind would get a x2 6000+ when they could just get a e4300 or something for half the price and outperform the x2 6000+

Sora:
i checked that mouse out, but will probably still go with the MX Revolution because of its rechargeable battery and because i dont really like the carbon pattern on the G7... it doesnt match the high-gloss black that everything else external on my rig is...
the hard drive idea sounds pretty good and it does end up being cheaper... ill ask around to see just how hard setting up RAID is and if i can get help doing it, but i definitely might go with that...
thanx - RK

The G7 has a rechargeable battery as well, I think it comes with 2 of them. The G7 also has weights to see what weight you like in a mouse however yes some people still don't like the G7 and instead they usually go with the MX518 which I have and is superior I think, it's just not wireless is all. I've used the Revolution and it's nice but it will take time getting use to..it's a different feel.

RAID really isn't that hard to install...

The MX518 is one of the best mice out there. And it's not as expensive. I use one too. I don't like wireless, having to worry about recharging batteries.

RAID isn't hard to install like Sora said. The basic steps are, making a RAID driver floppy disk. Then install the hard drives, go into BIOS, and setup the RAID array you want. In that case RAID 0. Then restart the computer, insert the Windows cd, and at the blue screen, when it says to press F6 to install RAID drivers, you press F6, and insert the RAID floppy disk. Follow instructions, and install Windows as normal.

Yep I love the MX518....very awesome mouse and better than the single side button G5 and G7 I think. Yep RAID is that easy really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom