amd 6000 or intel E6600???

Status
Not open for further replies.
and whats wrong with 3.3ghz.....i say get the AMD....you wont be sorry. Because really, between the two, you wont notice any difference in gaming(stock or OCed) except on paper, there will be no noticeable difference in gaming.

nothing is wrong with 3.3...but the C2D at only 2.9-3.0 ghz will outperform the AMD at 3.3 in gaming.....

There really is NO reason to get AMD unless you are on a very strict budget.

I agree...I like AMD as well but the E6600 when overclocking and even stock honestly beats out the X2 6000 in gaming. You will notice a difference in frames from a 3.3 X2 compared to a 3.5ghz C2D, probably 5 or 6 FPS. Not that that's a whole lot but for the same amount of money why not.

I agree...I like AMD as well but the E6600 when overclocking and even stock honestly beats out the X2 6000 in gaming. You will notice a difference in frames from a 3.3 X2 compared to a 3.5ghz C2D, probably 5 or 6 FPS. Not that that's a whole lot but for the same amount of money why not.

yeah and if you ever do any sort of encoding ...woah there is a MASSIVE difference between the x2 and C2D chips.

I'm going to have to agree, go for the E6600. Both are great processors, but the E6600 has a little more power/performance to it (the E6600 will overclock like crazy, where as the +6000 will overclock decently, but nothing like the Core 2 Duos can pull off.)

I'm going to have to agree, go for the E6600. Both are great processors, but the E6600 has a little more power/performance to it (the E6600 will overclock like crazy, where as the +6000 will overclock decently, but nothing like the Core 2 Duos can pull off.)

the 6000+ doesn't really "overclock decently"...a 200-500mhz overclock is a pretty crap oc in my opinion.

I mean if the 6000+ got to 3.5ghz (doubtful but very possible) then that's only less than a 17% overclock....

My e6300 does 3.01ghz on completely stock vcore and that's about a 62% overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom