Crucial or OCZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkonjibhu

Baseband Member
What would you guys prefer to get for 6400 ram?

2GB of OCZ Gold ram at 5-5-5-12 for $60

2GB Ballistix at 4-4-4-12 for $80

I'm not really looking to OC the ram much at all, but I am looking to do moderate OC'ing on my E6600 (maybe to around 3Ghz).

depends if your not on a budget go ahead and get the balixtix if your on any kind of budget then the ocz will also do you very well

ballistx if you are not OCing and OCZ if you are OCing. keep in mind, OCing ram is all about speed. tight timings are nothing compared to speed.

Well, the problem with the Ballistix is that it's from Tigerdirect.com, and I really don't feel like dealing the the Onrebate and the hassle of their rebates. So if it might cost me $120 for the ram as opposed to the $60 for OCZ, I would rather get those. Tough decision...

where do u live? because ncix.com and anitec.ca is always cheaper than tigerdirect. well most of their items are cheaper than tigerdirect

Timings for an AMD owner play a large part in the performance. Intel not so much though yea.

G.skill is better for the money however Ballistix is very good stuff as well...

I'm from New York. Ncix.com is actually around double the prices that I found on other sites. If the Ballistix were on another site, I would probably hop on it, but if the rebate doesn't come through, $120 is a bit steep for me, compared to $60 for OCZ 5-5-5-12.

Is there really such a big difference between the performance of the two? Is the OCZ ram itself good if not comparing to the Ballistix? I'm not really into hardcore gaming or anything, just moderate or so. I'm not looking for max res and all that, but just good performance.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom