Zalman Heatsink Not working???

Status
Not open for further replies.
^agreed
the thermal paste is only to remove the possibility of air gaps and proper heat flow...
so a very fine layer should be applied...

this voltage concerns me, check in BIOS if its running the same as it shows here

Attachments

• hmmm.JPG
    hmmm.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 40
well, i put more thermal grease on cause there wasnt that much there... so my temps improved but now my computer restarts while playing eve-online for no reason...

dude jesus christ why is your voltage so high?
that is at the extreme upper limit of air cooling...and no i definitely suggest not running it that high with a zalman. it's not that it is not a good cooler (it is...it keeps mine blow 50*), but its the fact that any air cooler will have trouble dealing with that much voltage.
your performance increase from what you get at 1.6V versus what you get at 1.5V (ie the max overclock) is usually NOT worth the increase in temperature.
dude its restarting likely cos its too hot.

right after my first post i lowered my volts to default, so anything that is happening is not because of the volts

try at heat sink fan to see if the fan you got is the problem if it still anit workin the its ur processor, just try to eliminate your problems. Btw i couldnt be bothered to read everythin so if u have tired this im sorry

i ran a few tests on it.... my stock hsf keeps the temp at 32c idle and 57c max but the zalman keeps the temp at 29c idle and 65c++ max, i donno how high the temp goes because it freezes at 65c. I dont want to give up on it because it cools my northbridge aswell as my ram.

Does anyone no why its not keeping up with the stock hsf??? Its starting to annoy me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom