Burned smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkinman86

Baseband Member
Hiya folks. It's your favourite pain in the tukus. I have accepted my fate with the previous E-machines.
Now I'm working on another curb side special.
This one booted up when I brought it home, but couldn't, ( or wouldn't), download drivers.
After stripping the last computer that you tried to help me with, ( THE E-MACHINES t-2824), I went back to work on this one.
This time, the computer shut itself down after about one minute. There was a DISTINCT burning smell, Although NO smoke nor, hot to the touch components).
I tend to think it may be a power source short, but REALLY WISH TO HAVE your INPUT.

it definitely the PSU...
cause mine does too...and that's the hottest component in my PC right now...
it's even hotter than my processor :S

it definitely the PSU...
cause mine does too...and that's the hottest component in my PC right now...
it's even hotter then my processor :S

you mean you get a burning smell from your incredibly hot PSU and your still using it???? I feel a fire coming on here-anyone else share this feeling?

well it's not exactly a burning smell...
it just the hot air....
neway will change my PSU~

you mean you get a burning smell from your incredibly hot PSU and your still using it???? I feel a fire coming on here-anyone else share this feeling?

somewhat....have a video camera on it, so when it finally does fire up, you will have a nice little video of when your pc cried "HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" with a big flame shooting out the psu, and catching your drapes on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom