Dell is retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess that makes sense, they should probably train their personnel for some of the simplier tweaking things, like settings the video RAM usage and the system RAM usage properly.

Also, if Dell or any other OEM manufacturer were to actually use quality parts that are expandable/upgradable they would dominate the marketplace. I mean...no AGP slot? wtf is that bullshit.

slvrstang said:
Also, if Dell or any other OEM manufacturer were to actually use quality parts that are expandable/upgradable they would dominate the marketplace. I mean...no AGP slot? wtf is that bullshit.

LOL... yeah i might be a bit p*ssed if there was no AGP slot in my MB. Actually the Dell 4100 I bought a few years ago does have a AGP slot, i have a NVIDIA GeForce2 card in it. So i would say it depends on the particular model. The ones that Dell advertises on their TV commercials for as low as $400-$500 prololy doesn't come with one considering how cheap it is. I don't know - i'm just guessin.

It couldn't cost them an extra .50$ per computer to have the AGP slot there if not save them money because i assume the mobo they use comes with it and they just rip it off. *sigh*

Building>Buying X1843148759354943^5th power

bla!! said:

One of the best "features" I've seen in a dell system so far is 128MB of memory shared between the system and the vid card on a P4 3.0Ghz system :/

thats what i have...except its a P4 2.4ghz w/o HTT 533FSB and 256 ram(which was an upgrade from 128)

soon to have aonther stick of 256 in dual channel mode with a crappy PCI video card so the integrated graphics don't hog my ram.

And it's not like the lack of one would persuade many of Dell's Less tech-savvy customers to buy a better model line, because they might not know what an AGP slot is.

true, but the point is that it probably causes them more problems to remove it than it would to just leave it there

:(

o well

the 9200se PCI vid card can't be THAT bad....can it?

SlvrStang, I read recently that MB manufacturers are now making certain models with no AGP slot but rather a PCI Express slot, which is the new 'Up & coming' alternative to AGP in the video/graphics industry. Now that change was only within the recent 2 months or so. I dont' know the Dell model you bought, but it could be the case where you have a PCI express slot instead.... or perhaps if you bought their low end budget PC, it might not have either type... I dunno, personally i find it quite surprising that a faily new PC wouldnt' have atleast have a AGP slot on the MB.

Yeah my friend bought a new Dell 2100 or somewhere around there (the lowest model they had) and he was saving up to upgrade it and get a good video card. Well one day we were bored so we decided to open up the case and I looked and couldn't find and AGP slot. BUT we did see little holes in the mobo where it looks like there was, or was going to be one put in! He was just going to go with a PCI video card but I told him not to, just to get a better comp! Anyway, I think he is now getting a Compaq 8000z... I was going to get one but i decided to go with a custom, home built one... GO ME!

KorKwin said:
... BUT we did see little holes in the mobo where it looks like there was, or was going to be one put in!

KorKwin, sounds like to me that MB doesn't have either an AGP or a PCI express slot. That's one of the reasons why Dell is able to sell those 2300 models so cheap.... Your friend should spend the extra money and step up to a higher model so he can upgrade the video card. Or like you say, just build one at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom