Running 2 different GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomdentist

Beta member
Have a BFG 680i SLI mobo and BFG 8800gtx. The mobo has 3 PCI-E slots (2 for SLI and 1 for a second gpu type) Most of my games run well but there are a few that simply don't work on the 8800 series. These include red faction and Project IGI

Was thinking

I could pop my old radeon x800 256mb in the non SLI PCI-E slot and run those 2 games off that card but i'm not sure about the realities of doing this. Couple of things

1. would I have to physically move the dvi connection of the monitor from one card to the other to switch each time.

2. How would I switch between the GPUs in terms of making sure those 2 games run on it whilst the rest still use the 8800 automatically

I know I could do this by switching the monitor physically from one gpu to the other and by switching between the x800 and 8800 within the os but this would be alot of hassel each time.

Is there a well know way of doing this more easily ?

I have a 7600GT and I can change commands displays etc by left clicking on a blank space and bringing up the display menu for my card. If you were to install the second in the pci slot, wouldn't you be able to hot key the command between each cards individual drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom