sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
hey,
i was thinking about buying a new sound card. in general i use it just for some gaming and a lot of playing mp3s. i am looking at three cards, the sound blaster audigy ls, audigy, audigy2, and audigy2 zs. the audigy2 and audigy2 zs are not in my budget right now. i will probably buy the audigy ls, if you guys dont have any objections.

is there a big difference in audio quality? as long as the quality isnt noticably bad and doesnt skip, i wont have a problem.

i really need a new card now because im currently using a Voyetra Turtle Beach 64 Voice Montego II on my main system. in case you dont realize how bad this is, this thing was a pretty good sound card in 1999. i pulled it from my old computer when i forgot to purchase a sound card for my new one. so, will the audigy ls be good enough for me?

the ls is better than nothing, mine as well.. and by doing that you will probably notice better sound in your games. It's got EAX3.0 so I mean you're good to go. Probably won't need a new sound card for a couple years now =)

i have the audigy 2 zs and its sweet, supporting 7.1 surround sound, i paid $100 for it but you can get it for $75 now over the internet.

when I build my next pci at the end of this year/beggining of next, i'll get the platinum one, with all the nifty eq, haha w00t!

haha im sure its awesome but i cant afford that and i only have 2 speakers and a sub... who can afford surround on a computer?

alright... thanks for the help guys, i ended up going with the audigy2 zs cause i was at best buy and it was 99 bucks, i had a $100 gift card. when i get my new power supply later today (FINALLY!) ill be able to power up my main system and see how it sounds...

Soundblaster Audigy ZS i have 2 with no problems .
The games rock on these cards .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom