Need Help upgrading my Computer for Crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a sound blaster XFI and a 8800GTX

:)

BTW the XFI really is quite good...it's MUCH better than the DFI Karajan audio module which I had as well..and that's not so bad itself.

but with games that support openAL the XFI really is quite nice....

Crysis isnt even out yet. I know this computer is good it just needs to be tweaked. ^_^

Anyone know of a good soundcard?

The more reason you should wait..whats the hurry the game is not out yet, there is a price cut soon for 8800GTX & GTS. The smart choice imo here is wait until the game comes out read 1 or 2 reviews and you will absolutely know what you will need to get in order to run the game flawlessly ;) .

In the end is your choice not mine.

wait wait wait......for price cuts. Go ahead and preorder crysis like i did, then make sure you have your hardware squared away by sep.10(which is when mine ships).

BTW....i swear to god im one of the only people left on tech forums that will be using an AMD(much less an opty) on crysis.....hehe cant wait to review it for you guys, as my opty will run it just as well as a C2D....

GeForce 8800GTX: Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail ( I need a PSU for this beast...accually i dont even know if it will fit in my case..)

SB X-Fi XtremeGamer: Newegg.com - Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Retail (I dont have good headphones to really take advantage of this..i was thinking maybe Icemats?)

Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail (This is the same memory that is already in my computer..its TOO cheap to give up..so why not upgrade to 4 GB?)

Another CD Burner ^_^: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM ( i only have 1 optical drive so and want 2)

Total: $821.20 after Shipping!

Whatever you do don't get the XtremeAudio. They're just rebranded Audigy SE's for twice the money and aren't real X-Fis. The only X-Fi I would really get is the Gamer (or Music but they're discontinued) because the other ones aren't worth it. To save a few bucks you could try to find either one used, and just fyi the music is exactly the same as the gamer except that you can mod the music for upgrades.

No reason to upgrade you graphics right now since your current should be doing well in the games right now and there will surely be price cuts soon. Rumor is that nvidia is dropping prices on the whole line really soon so at least wait and see if it's true.

If you decide you want 4gigs you know that you do need 64bit windows to use it all. I think 4gigs could start making a difference for games like Crysis so it could be a useful upgrade that you could do right now since I really doubt RAM prices will fall much lower and if anything, I think they'll get higher.

And you say you want a HSF? You're running with stock right now? If you are you could probably easily push that thing to like 3.5+ with a real HSF. You can get tuniqs for like $55 shipped now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom