Noob getting his first gaming rig...need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
no prob... i was considering cyberpowerpc last week when i wanted to buy.... i was planning on getting those... also memory (RAM) is very easy to install......... and its way cheaper to get g-Skill RAM on Newegg, i recommend getting a 512mb stick of Corsair Value RAM, then get a set of G-Skill RAM........... for 109$ which is half the price to get the Mushkin eXtreme RAM, or about the same if ur getting the regular Mushkin RAM

oh btw, if u intend on overclocking that e6600, u need a major upgrade, get either a MSI P6N SLI-FI or a Asus P5N-E SLI (not to be confused with the P5N-SLI) talking about the mobo....

Ok I tweaked the configuation again, still under $1500. (barely)

Is there enough cooling? Or maybe too much? (can there ever be too much?) Don't plan on overclocking anything.

I went a bit skimpy on the sound...and only one dvd drive, no floppy drive. Will any of this be a problem?

Also, will this config be upgradable in the future? I have a Dell atm (don't laugh) and I want something more future-friendly.

# CAS: X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temp Display

# CS_FAN: Extra Case Cooling Fan [+3] (2 x Fans [+3])

# CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T

# CD: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

# FAN: CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan

# HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

# MONITOR: 17" VA1703WB TFT Active Matrix SXGA LCD Display Monitor

# MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&5.1Audio

# MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)

# NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD

# OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

# PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU

# POWERSUPPLY: 650 Watts Power Supplies (Apevia ATX-LCD650W Quartz Aluminum LCD w/ Voltages and Fan Speed Controller & Display)

# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

# SPEAKERS: 120 WATT STEREO SPEAKERS

# VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 16X PCI Express

# _PRICE: (+1499)

looks solid enough the only thing i would add is a sound card, one of the most underrated components it takes a load off the proc and powerconsumption off the mobo giving you better performance over all. at least in my expirience

mobo: is fine
vga: is fine
cpu: is fine
ram: get a pair a gskill hk's or hz if u have the money
cpu cooler: get the tuniq tower
psu: corsair 620watt
HDD: get the seagate 320gb 16mb cache 7200.10rpm

I've also been looking too buy a good gaming pc from that same site. I added up all the components, and really the price difference in minimal from getting one per built there and building it your self (prob about 100 bucks). Funny I basically configured the one I wanted to the exact same thing.

ok, change the PSU to that coolermaster one in the 600 watts, is 32$ less and better brand, delete those crappy cyberpowerpc speakers... they suck i would know :) and buy the monitor separately from Newegg... because at the price Cyberpower is making u pay, u could get a widescreen 19 incher...

mobo: is fine
vga: is fine
cpu: is fine
ram: get a pair a gskill hk's or hz if u have the money
cpu cooler: get the tuniq tower
psu: corsair 620watt
HDD: get the seagate 320gb 16mb cache 7200.10rpm

hes buying not building.....

ok, change the PSU to that coolermaster one in the 600 watts, is 32$ less and better brand, delete those crappy cyberpowerpc speakers... they suck i would know :) and buy the monitor separately from Newegg... because at the price Cyberpower is making u pay, u could get a widescreen 19 incher...

Done and done! :)

The monitor has to specifically say it will work with Vista, right? Are there any minimum specs I need for good gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom