My First OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my nf4 ultra and this 590 run exactly the same. at a 9.5 multi...with memory settings of ddr2 400 (cpu/10 divider), ddr2 533 (cpu/8 divider), ddr2 667 (cpu/6 divider) and ddr2 800 (cpu/5 divider). the cpu/divider is from memory, so i mught be off on a couple. so actually, your divider number really depends on the cpu and it's stock multi, or what multi you choose to set it at, and the speed you set your ram to in bios.
i dont know of any intel chipset that works that way. but, i dont know everything :). from what i understand, setting intel's memory divider dictates the speed, but there is no actual ram speed setting that affects the divider/ram speed.

also, at a lower ht...i have not noticed a significant difference between running a 5 x multi and a 3 x multi. except with a 3x i know it will be stable. the difference is negligible in performance.

also, as far as fsb goes...
your cpu will probably push past 300, but it may not like it too much. just a heads up, you will have to work some on it to get much more than that.

I've got it at a stable 3.0GHz now. I ran Orthos for a few hours and had no errors. I then played bf2 for a few hours and still no problems. This is stable enough for what I do...

3ghz was my goal for my OC and I reached it but I am wanting to hit 10,000 or more on the 36mark06. So far with my setup the way it is now I've only been able to hit 9846... Is there anything I can do with memory timings to help close the gap???

Memory timings have little effect on 3dmark benchmarks. Overclock your graphc card.

Memory timings have little effect on 3dmark benchmarks. Overclock your graphc card.

I already used ATItool to OC my video card. I had the core oc'd to 630 and them memory oc'd to 1020. I think the memory can go higher though.

I had lockups when the core was at 636 so I took it down to 630. When I ran the max test for the memory it was taking forever so I just settled with 1020..

When playing BF2 I kept seeing little blibs on the screen at random times... I put the atitool back to stock settings and that fixed it but is there any way to fix that?

Those little blibs are artifacts. And it means that, you've taken the overclock a little too far. Just back it down from the overclock speeds, little by little, until you see no more of those blibs.

Those little blibs are artifacts. And it means that, you've taken the overclock a little too far. Just back it down from the overclock speeds, little by little, until you see no more of those blibs.

You are a wealth of knowledge my friend...

Is there anyway to make those oc's permanent or do I have to load atitool and apply the new clock settings everytime?

I'll read up on oc'ing the graphics card and learn some.

Yes, there is a way. In ATI Tools go to the settings menu. Then from the drop down menu, at the top, select Startup. You click the box that says Load the following profile when Windows starts, or something like that. Then just pick the profile that has your overclock speeds. You should have a profile made before hand, of your overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom