Asus p5n-e sli oc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to report that I've reached my goal. 3.4ghz still using cheap a$$ stock cooling. Also using same ram u see in my sig.
The ambient temp is currently 26c and my pc's idle temp is 39c. Haven't ran Orthos. Did encode some videos which uses 80-100% of the cpu and no hiccups. Very happy with these results.

I'm glad to report that I've reached my goal. 3.4ghz still using cheap a$$ stock cooling. Also using same ram u see in my sig.
The ambient temp is currently 26c and my pc's idle temp is 39c. Haven't ran Orthos. Did encode some videos which uses 80-100% of the cpu and no hiccups. Very happy with these results.

Encoding videos, doesn't prove stableness. You need programs like Orthos for 8-24hrs, to prove that it is really stable. 3.4GHz is hard to believe on stock cooling, unless you live in Alaska. Can you show a CPU-Z screenshot, with temperatures?

Encoding videos, doesn't prove stableness. You need programs like Orthos for 8-24hrs, to prove that it is really stable. 3.4GHz is hard to believe on stock cooling, unless you live in Alaska. Can you show a CPU-Z screenshot, with temperatures?

I knew some of you wouldnt believe me. LOL, I'm not going to show you any screen shots bcus those can easily be edited. I will put a video of my pc running will show you the temps, including the temps in my house and I will run orthos(hoping it won't crash the pc).
I love the fact that I'm at 3.4ghz and didn't have to spend another $60 for a better cooler or $100 for memory.

I know, you gotta see it to believe. Tonight I will have proof.

b1, sorry but I don't want to put the video up yet. It's been so hot the last 2 days. Over 100f. here's a screen shot of cpu-z. When the temp goes down a bit, I'll do the video.

untitled.jpg

just take a pic of a thermometer or something with the ambient temp along with a pic of a your monitor showing cpu-z and the CPU temp.

In the video, show the temperature from the monitor, and then span to the inside of the computer, showing that you are using a stock cooler. Then I'll believe you.

yeah the e6600 @ 3.4 should be producing from 120-150 watts depending on vcore....I highly doubt the stock intel cooler is capable of dissipating that amount of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom