DJDarknez

Baseband Member
So, I got everything together. Everything includes this stuff:

MSI P6N SLI platinum
Intel Core 2 Duo
4 giggys of ram
Samsung SATA HDD
Dual DVI video (PCIE Radeon)

Flip the switch on the PSU (Rosewill 550W), push the power button...eveything powers on, but there is nada on the screen. That doesn't surprise me, I'm sure it needs drivers.

But there are also 4 LED's on the back panel that are supposed to light up in a certain order for certain tasks the MB is doing. Mine arn't lighting up at ALL.

HALP!

MSI P6N SLI platinum
Intel Core 2 Duo
4 giggys of ram
Samsung SATA HDD

Flip the switch on the PSU (Rosewill 550W), push the power button...eveything powers on, but there is nada on the screen. That doesn't surprise me, I'm sure it needs drivers.

But there are also 4 LED's on the back panel that are supposed to light up in a certain order for certain tasks the MB is doing. Mine arn't lighting up at ALL.

HALP!

Try a diff video card if you have one....

MSI P6N SLI platinum
Intel Core 2 Duo
4 giggys of ram
Samsung SATA HDD

HALP!

It sounds as if something isnt hooked up right..... i would honestly disconnect everything and reconnect everything.....

Make sure you plugged your 4pin power cable into the mobo as well as the PCIe power.

I was going to say the same thing. Make sure you've supplied the external power required for most new video cards. That's in addition to plugging them into the PCI-e slots. The slots can't provide enough power. (On my latest graphics card, MB and P/S it's a 6-pin connector on the graphics card, btw.)

Also, you might start with a single video card rather than the dual system and add the second card back once you have gotten the OS up and drivers in place.

AH! I'm retarded.

Hadn't plugged in that 4-pin CPU power plug.

I had it plugged in at first, but needed to take the board out. Forgot to plug the blasted thing back in. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom