PSU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with everything, quality changes over time(for better or for worse). No guide will ever be true indefinitly. Though I am pretty sure rosewill is not on the avoid List.

There was a time, maybe 2-3 years ago when I couldn't even dream of reccomending a rosewill PSU. But times change, I am not sure of an exact date when they became "Acceptable" to the common computer builder.

They are Cheaper than other brands, but for their price they are "bang for the buck."

I myself would never buy anything outside this list: But thats just because I am anal about power supplies.
PC Power and cooling
Etasis
Zippy
Seasonic
Corsair
Silverstone
OCZ Technologies (Excluding Modstream Line)
Enhance
Fortron (FSP)

lol...never heard of Zippy, Etasis, or Enhance before. But they sound like a crappy brand.....zippy...lol...zippety-do-da...zippety-aay...my oh my, what a wonderful day....

I didn't say they were crappy. I just said the brand name sounds crappy. But how come I never hear of these brands? Are they rebranded by a more known name? Or are these underground PSUs.

Rosewill is in no way a trusted brand. Only a few of their newer models are recommended by enthusiasts as "budget Recommended" PSU's. The RP500 and RP550 have good OEM's making them, Chainwell Tech. who also supply Antec their units. Ultra have gotten better such as with the X-Finity I own and newer models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom