Serious help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle

Solid State Member
I'm having problem uninstalling all of the programs in Control Panel. Now I can't uninstall any program. When I click "Change/Remove" in Control Panel, an InstallationShield programs appears. Then this message--> the exact message is "Unable to located the uninstallation log file C:\..... Uninstallation will not continue"

where the ...... stands for the locations of the uninstallation file. For example, C:\jdk1.2.1\Uninst.isu" when I want to remove JDk 1.2.1

Maybe you can try restoring your computer to an earlier time. Go Start>Help and Support>and click System Restore under Additional Sources.

But I don't have System Update in Programs-->Accessories. I don't know what to do. Is there any other way to restore the log file?

You could try cut n' pasting the uninstallation file from the particular program's CD to it's directory.

This is one of the many reasons that it is completely useful to backup your hard drive onto a couple dvds every now and then.

not sure if cut n' paste method would work. I think the log contains many specifics on the hardware during installation and registry entries for said hardware which is different from other systems. I would get ahold of tweakui and a good registry cleaning program and go that route. Just make sure to back up the registry.

here is a little program (free trial) which removes orphan files. It's called add/remove plus 2004 and you can download it free from www.aurelitec.com.
If that doesn't work for you, locate your files, delete them manually then edit your registry (with wordpad etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom