I need help with building my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Do I have to plug in the smaller power cable on the motherboard? As you can see im having trouble getting it up to where it needs to go. If I do is there an extension I can buy or something?

Those cases, are a little challenge, when the PSU is at the bottom. You could get an extension, or just have it around the other way.

edit: Is that an 8-pin CPU power connector? I heard it's only necessary to provide enough stability, when running a quad core. I'm not 100% sure though. Wait for someone else to answer.

You will most likely NEED to use the processor power slot. In most cases, people who fail to do so risk harming their PC and most computers won't boot with it. And if you really can't go from the back, just go across the motherboard, one cable won't impede that much air. Its much better than spending $8.

And also, if I'm correct, that is the P180 case? Which doesn't have a window, so you won't see one wire going across the motherboard.

And also, if I'm correct, that is the P180 case? Which doesn't have a window, so you won't see one wire going across the motherboard.

It'll haunt his subconscious forever though....knowing theres that one SINGLE cable thats "untidy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom