Guy buys $4200 worth of graphic cards, to show off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why make fun 'o him when you guys like seeing the comparison? Just 'cause we aren't all billionaires doesn't mean we can't appreciate those who are, and are nice enough to spend some of it. (As opposed to stashing it in the bank...silly people!)

Then... I must ask, why are you surprised that they're getting cut? When doesn't a PC part get cut? There's always newer and better the next day or so...

I think some of your are mistaken...

Sure the Ultras are the highest 8800 model, but I don't think his Lost Planet demo tests demonstrate the cards power accurately in comparison to a 8800 GTX. I would think more benchmarks such as this, X-bit labs - The Return of the Ultra: Nvidia Readies High-End Update. portray the power comparison more accurately. ( Not such a huge differance in performance, definately not 2x like a lot of people are assuming based off his video )

Tech ARP - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra Graphics Card Review Rev. 1.1
to summarize their differences nicely "It beat the GeForce 8800 GTX by 7% to 12% in our test results."

yeah i agree with gabb the ultras still arnt worth the extra cash, a gtx is still powerful enough. the ultra is probly only about 15% better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom