My First OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The higher the FSB, the faster overall the computer performs, because the FSB is the channel through which all the components communicate.

But as zmatt and gurusan mentioned, try to keep the HT at 1000MHz.

The higher the FSB, the faster overall the computer performs, because the FSB is the channel through which all the components communicate.

And more importantly, how fast data is sent INTO the CPU.
Theres also backsidebus, which is how fast data is sent out of the CPU, but I don't know it for that Proc..

So then a multiplier of 12.5 and the FSB of 242 would be slower performance wise than a multiplier of 10 and a FSB of 300?

I read one article where my brisbane processor was OC to 3 ghz using the stock multiplier like I'm using but had the voltage set to 1.6... Isn't that kinda high???

Voltages settings can be anywhere, so long as the tempartures are under control.

So it might be high, but if he has good cooling, and LOad temp is below safe limits. There isn't a problem..

I've been using Everest to report the temps but is that accurate with a Brisbane... What is an acceptable temp at idle and under load???

Sorry for all the questions but I want to get it right...

it all depends on the motherboard chipset.....

Anyway...to the OP....if you're stable at 3ghz then you can put your HT link to 4...you always want to keep the HT link as close to 1000 as possible.

well, my nf4 ultra and this 590 run exactly the same. at a 9.5 multi...with memory settings of ddr2 400 (cpu/10 divider), ddr2 533 (cpu/8 divider), ddr2 667 (cpu/6 divider) and ddr2 800 (cpu/5 divider). the cpu/divider is from memory, so i mught be off on a couple. so actually, your divider number really depends on the cpu and it's stock multi, or what multi you choose to set it at, and the speed you set your ram to in bios.
i dont know of any intel chipset that works that way. but, i dont know everything :). from what i understand, setting intel's memory divider dictates the speed, but there is no actual ram speed setting that affects the divider/ram speed.

also, at a lower ht...i have not noticed a significant difference between running a 5 x multi and a 3 x multi. except with a 3x i know it will be stable. the difference is negligible in performance.

also, as far as fsb goes...
your cpu will probably push past 300, but it may not like it too much. just a heads up, you will have to work some on it to get much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom