DISK REBOOT error

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_VERN

Baseband Member
Hi, I took out one out of two of my hard drives this morning and they are both on cable select i think i didn't install xp on the one i removed. but when i started my computer up it showed the BIOS but then a Sentence came up saying "DISK BOOT ERROR please put in system disk and press enter" i think that is all it said. i don't know what the crap is going on, i put the harddrive back in thinking there must have been system files on it but it did the same thing. i know the harddrive that i want in the computer is working because i took it out and threw it in my other computer and it works perfect. so if anyone knows what the crap is going on i would greatly sppreciate the help.

K i was looking in my case i noticed that one of my IDE conectors was loose. hah i know. but that didn't fix it. it shows the BIOS for minutes and then it goes to a blank black screen and there is a old DOS cursor (blinking underscore).

K i got it to go to the screen where it askes you if you want to boot up in safe mode, safe mode networking, safe mode comand prompt, last known working config, or start up normally. i fisrt started with normally, and then last known configuration and both of them would try to start up and go through the windows loading screen and then crash and start over. but then i tryed safe mode and i got in easily. so how am i supposed to use same mode and get it running noramally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom