new R600 benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you even read his reveiw maroon.

Yes I read it, and GTX performed better in ALL GAMES

And 3Dmark has noting to do with gaming performance. I don't think anyone would buy ATI card just to get high score in 3dMark

gtx ftw end of story

the ati might look better now but drivers dont matter because both cards are still workin on driver issues so the gtx kills it.

It's no doubt an improvement for the 2900 XT, and for the price it's a fairly good card, although NVIDIA soon cutting the price for the GTX is not doing it any favours.

Half-life 2, FEAR and all other game were tested are known to run better on ATI

If you look at the benchmark for Supreme commander oblivion and STALKER, the 8800GTS beats HD2900XT
AMD's Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 11

So, in other words HD2900XT is barely faster than 8800GTS, and it is more expensive, consume much more power, and produce a lot of noise

It depends on which game you are comparing.

For example, in STALKER 8800GTS 320MB beats HD2900XT
In other games like FEAR, HL2 the HD2900XT can beat 8800GTS 640MB

But no, the 8800GTX can destroy R600 in almost all cases.

Just look at your own benchmark. GTX performed better in all cases

how would oblivion run??

How about overclocked 2900xt vs overclocked 8800GTS...which is better in that case?

I'm planning on purchasing a new 3d card at the end of the summer so I'm curious to see how the ATI turns out with new drivers...I kind of want to buy ATI since I've always been a Nvidia man....gotta expand my horizons...diversify my bonds.... :p

i loved the way u said that :)

Half life two it has higher FPS at1280x1024
and in both benchmarking programs it won (doesnt mean much but it does mean somthing)
and it come extremely close to performing on par with the GTX in alot of cases as well

gtx ftw end of story

the ati might look better now but drivers dont matter because both cards are still workin on driver issues so the gtx kills it.

QFT
it took nvidia a while to get as good as they are right now with their 88 series, and so far this is only atis second driver revision and it shows ALOT of performance gain and im sure with one more driver revision it will probably be even more powerful and by then the price will be sut and im sure it will be a real contender
i still dont see how the GTX kills it when in alot of those test it barley beats it and its over 100 bucks more then the R600

It sounds to me like everyone who already spent their wallet on the GTS/GTX just won't admin that soon enough the R600 might out perform the G80 with new drivers. It's a hard feeling when you spent 600$ on the "Best Card for the buck" and then a few months later you see that it might not be the best one anymore.

I also find the "Heat" and "Power Consumption" arguments funny. There's not much of a difference between the R600 and the G80. Is 70Watts really THAT much ? I don't think so. And I somehow highly doubt much people around are overcloking these card. . . So comparing overclock VS stock is not yet something to be done.

Also, with the 1GB version that came out recently it might come even closer to the GTX in higher res (since they used the 512mb in that benchmark).

The card just came out, give it some time.

It sounds to me like everyone who already spent their wallet on the GTS/GTX just won't admin that soon enough the R600 might out perform the G80 with new drivers. It's a hard feeling when you spent 600$ on the "Best Card for the buck" and then a few months later you see that it might not be the best one anymore.

I also find the "Heat" and "Power Consumption" arguments funny. There's not much of a difference between the R600 and the G80. Is 70Watts really THAT much ? I don't think so. And I somehow highly doubt much people around are overcloking these card. . . So comparing overclock VS stock is not yet something to be done.

Also, with the 1GB version that came out recently it might come even closer to the GTX in higher res (since they used the 512mb in that benchmark).

The card just came out, give it some time.

Valhera you need to look at other sources, not just tweak town or whatever their website is called. You have another website saying the R600 is complete rubbish, you just can't ignore that and assume tweak town is the premiere source for the R600. Besides if I had a choice I would still pick the geforce 8 cards, simply because as both websites claim, the R600 has a lot of trouble with AA and AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom