Heat paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberg

Baseband Member
Hello

I recently had my new processor delivered to me, and assumed it would come with the head paste needed to install it.

Now, I've never actually installed a processor before so i'm a little unsure. Do i need to buy the heat paste seperately and where from (UK)? On the bottom of the heatsink/fan supplied, there is some grey stuff... is that heat paste? Or is that something else? If it is, is that all that's needed?

Don't worry, I'm not gonna do anything till someone tell's me what to do.

Cheers!
-Nick

Cheers guys,

If i choose to overclock at a later date, can i simply remove the heatsink, add paste then put it back on?

There is only three small patches of it on the bottom of the heatsink, is that definately enough?

Yes you can totaly remove the old paste and apply new stuff, when you do look into overclocking [/url]

would I need to remove the old paste and put on new if i'm just changing out a mobo, or will the old stuff still work after I separate the heatsink? I believe I used what came with the processor originally.

After you separate the heatsink, it's best just to clean the old paste, and apply a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom