ASPI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gailie

Beta member
None of my CD burning software will work. I had constant problems with Nero 6.0 and I finally gave up and uninstalled it. I updated my ASPI layer and followed advice for all the fixes for XP included deleting wowpost.exe and winaspi.dll.

Then I checked my registry and found a difference in the posted fix and what my registry said. In front of all the values below...I have a 0x before the value and then a number following (01) or (02).

Here is the posted fix:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ASPI32]
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000001

Mine says:

"ErrorControl"=dword:0x00000001 (01)
"Start"=dword:0x00000002 (2)

Could this be a problem?

HELP! I am running out of CD-r's and patience.

Hmmmm do you have more than one (or had more than one!) burning prog installed ESPECIALLY anything by ROXIO or a packet writer for CDRW's like InCD?

Is your CDRW drive visible in My Computer and Device Manager?

At one time or another I've tried several burning programs. Doesn't InCD come with Nero? Nero 6.0 was just one not stop error for me so I uninstalled it.

And there have been times when my CD burner disappears from My computer. It's visible at the moment, however.

I've tried the Windows fix and also tried changing the ASPI drivers both upgrading and reverting to older versions. I cannot complete a burn whether it's a copy or a new audio compilation. I get about 90% and the burn fails.

Any ideas?

I just tried to burn another one with new CD-r's (different brand) and once again received a burn failed message only this time it said "the driver has reported a hardware failure."

Just a thought..
I had a problem similar to that, and it was from a corrupt hard drive. The hard drive sent information in the wrong way because it was close to dying. Maybe check event viewer and see if anything about warnings on the "Disk0". I tried to burn the same DVD 5 times, got a new hard drive, and it worked immediately.

Thanks, I wasn't even aware of event viewer. Here are some of the errors I found... What does a bad block mean?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 6/14/2004
Time: 9:44:11 AM
User: N/A
Computer: OFFICE
Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: sr
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 6/14/2004
Time: 9:59:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: OFFICE
Description:
The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000001' while processing the file '' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume2'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

The above must be why I am unable to use system restore. I'm just not sure what's going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom