new R600 benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on what benchmarks ur looking at, the x2900XT could be compariable to the GTS 640 which is also $400 value.

also anyone notice how the 2 reviewers benchmarked different games so we can't compare their performance :p

well one thing we can be sure of, the R600 will get better with age as they improve the actually card with revB pcbs and on and with newer drivers. i dont think the 2900XT is anywhere near a crummy card, it just has some software issues. If anything I think once reliable drivers are made it will surpass the 8 series cards.
Reading comments about it before its release, one would've thought they would've surpassed the 8 series cards immediately, and by a fair bit if one considers some of the more enthusiastic comments made. Even as a complete newbie myself, I'm disappointed in its performance considering its late release compared to the GTX.

well you consider that it took a couple of driver release for the 88 to get as good as it is
its only the second driver revision for ati and its beating the gts and gtx in some cases so with another driver revision just imagine the power it could weild

there really is a HUGE inconsistancy here in the performance of the R600 after its new drivers came out . I mean read both reviews of it, they said pretty much exactly opposite things. One says the card can't even keep up with performance with a 8800 GTS 320 while the other says the R600 can beat the 8800 GTX in some cases!?! One of them is right...the other is wrong...we need to find out which

Half-life 2, FEAR and all other game were tested are known to run better on ATI

If you look at the benchmark for Supreme commander oblivion and STALKER, the 8800GTS beats HD2900XT
AMD's Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 11

So, in other words HD2900XT is barely faster than 8800GTS, and it is more expensive, consume much more power, and produce a lot of noise

One says the card can't even keep up with performance with a 8800 GTS 320 while the other says the R600 can beat the 8800 GTX in some cases!?! One of them is right...the other is wrong...we need to find out which

It depends on which game you are comparing.

For example, in STALKER 8800GTS 320MB beats HD2900XT
In other games like FEAR, HL2 the HD2900XT can beat 8800GTS 640MB

But no, the 8800GTX can destroy R600 in almost all cases.

MSI Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB Graphics Card :: TweakTown

wow this card is doing alot better
its beats the gts and even the gtx in some cases

Just look at your own benchmark. GTX performed better in all cases

How about overclocked 2900xt vs overclocked 8800GTS...which is better in that case?

I'm planning on purchasing a new 3d card at the end of the summer so I'm curious to see how the ATI turns out with new drivers...I kind of want to buy ATI since I've always been a Nvidia man....gotta expand my horizons...diversify my bonds.... :p

Half-life 2, FEAR and all other game were tested are known to run better on ATI

If you look at the benchmark for Supreme commander oblivion and STALKER, the 8800GTS beats HD2900XT
AMD's Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 11

So, in other words HD2900XT is barely faster than 8800GTS, and it is more expensive, consume much more power, and produce a lot of noise

It depends on which game you are comparing.

For example, in STALKER 8800GTS 320MB beats HD2900XT
In other games like FEAR, HL2 the HD2900XT can beat 8800GTS 640MB

But no, the 8800GTX can destroy R600 in almost all cases.

Just look at your own benchmark. GTX performed better in all cases

ithat benchmark yyou poste is from amonth ago before the driver revision (i believe)
and i am looking at the link i posted and there is plenty of cases where the GTX is out performed by the ATI

i am looking at the link i posted and there is plenty of cases where the GTX is out performed by the ATI

Can you tell me in which game did ATI perform better than GTX ? I have just look at link you posted, and GTX performed better in ALL GAMES.

Don't tell me that ATI performed better in 3dmark :D

"In 3DMark05 we can see that across the board the Radeon HD 2900 XT is the fastest card, outperforming both the GeForce 8800GTS and GTX from Nvidia along with showing the kind of increase we get when compared to the older Radeon X1950XTX."

While the average scores show the 8800GTX and HD 2900 XT really battling it out when you look at the minimum FPS, the Nvidia offerings manage to take a good lead.

Final Thoughts

So, there it is... the new ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT.

"The new drivers have helped the card a lot - it really does go from a joke of a product to something that you could recommend. The biggest problem we see is that AMD may have already done the damage by not waiting another week or two for the new drivers to come out."

I wonder if you even read his reveiw maroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom