Got my e6400 to 3.4GHz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't think my ram will get any tighter timings. Right now it's at 5-5-5-18 400MHz. The manufacturer's specs. And I don't think my ram is good at overclocking.

yes it is. if it is the pc6400c4, you can increase the voltage to 2.1 and get 4-4-4-12 timings right up to about 925+mhz.
5-5-5-15 timings you should be able to reach well over 1000mhz.
if it is the c5 xms, i dunno.

Yes it is the CAS5. I tried setting it earlier, to 4-4-4-12 at 800, but it wouldn't post. argh....I hate my RAM.

But even Prime95 doesn't mean your system is stable. I tested with Prime95 for hours. Running multiple instances at the same time. I was thinking my system was stable, until I started encoding two videos at the same time. It just froze after about 30 minutes.
though I think Prime95 is a whole lot better at indicating stability than just running 3dmark or superpi. But you should probably run them too, anyway.

My system was stable running Prime95 for hours. Yesterday I was playing ET and compressing my mailbox at the same time. It froze. I increased the CPU voltage a little.

I have my E6300@3.2 ghz on stock voltages with a cnps 9700. My question is how can i tighten the ram timing.

What motherboard do you have? It should be somewhere in the advanced section of the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom