new R600 benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
HardOCP isn't exactly off the radar.. They are reliable and they produce probably the most detailed reviews there are.

[H] is also an nVidia shop. but, either way, it is getting better as they get the drivers settled.

well one thing we can be sure of, the R600 will get better with age as they improve the actually card with revB pcbs and on and with newer drivers. i dont think the 2900XT is anywhere near a crummy card, it just has some software issues. If anything I think once reliable drivers are made it will surpass the 8 series cards.

MSI Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB Graphics Card :: TweakTown

wow this card is doing alot better
its beats the gts and even the gtx in some cases
i know the AA/AF isnt amazing but this is only the second driver revision im sure they will be fixed on the next
makes me really want one lol
I think the AA/AF bug is due to the architecture itself, rather than the drivers. I read an article somewhere where ATI said that it's designed for a different AA/AF model or something, which will be used in future games.

strange... almost ever time i see a ATI review in H Enthusiast its always horrible compared to other sites...

Still you guys have to look at the price/performance ratio. Granted the new ATI card can beat the GTS 8800 for sure, the 320mb version of the GTS is now like 280 on newegg while the newest ATI card is still 410. Just isn't a better value...but then again, I didn't even go with the GTS and went with the GTX :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom