Restore Point Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelz

Solid State Member
While performing a defrag I noticed a bunch of those huge files which appear to be restore point files residing in the System Volume Information folder.
I'm trying to free up some valuable space on my C: drive and wonder if these RP*** folders (4GB worth) can be removed and, if so, how? Can they simply be deleted or do they need to be removed in a particular way?

Cheers
Pete

IM not to sure, but if you don't care about system restore, you can turn it off and then try to defrag/disk clean up again. Turning off system restore might "delete" them.

(Ive never needed System restore.)

Thanks for your reply Ste,
I have had the need for system restore before and am therefor reluctant to disable it completely.
I have, however, just discovered that I can limit the size on disk that it occupies. It's in the System restore form (of all places). Mine was set at the maximum. As soon as selected a lesser value it removed several of the folders. Probably older ones.

Thanks. I should have looked closer before posting.

why dont u use the disk cleanup utility of windows to clear up all but the latest restore point ? in any case ccleaner from CCleaner.com is a cool freeware diskcleanup utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom