overclocking an opty 165

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i do, and i have cheap ram. i dont want a max oc cause i dont have the parts for it. i stated that earlier. i want to know how much farther i can get. without changing volts. i have crucial value ram i doubt it will change volts very well.

anyways any estimates here? or is 2.0 the highest i can do without adjusting voltage?

I still don't understand why you don't just scale the memory back so it runs at stock speeds while the CPU is overclocked.

For example setting the FSB to 300 and using a 2/3 memory divider would result in the following clocks:

CPU: 300*9 = 2.7ghz
Mem: 300*(2/3) = 200mhz

I AM! have you read my posts? my memory is down to 200mhz and my fsb is at 225. I asked if I could push it any farther without changing voltages. IE can i push my fsb to 240 and keep my ram at 200 and have no problems? And btw i dont have memory dividers, i have a manual spd setting, aren't dividers for intel boards?

OK an update. I pushed the fsb to 235 and now im at 2.1ghz, so it looks like i still have some breathing room, im going to see how high I can go with stock volts. right now im at 47c idle, is that a little toasty?

ok ive got a new screen shot. i used clock gen to actively push it in windows because i can hit clocks that i may not be able to boot with.
screenie.jpg

newoc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom