card VS. cpu... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with the AMD. The 7600GT should do fine even with the high res at Harry Potter games. Those games are meant to play on pretty much any computer since they target the casual crowd (and I don't think she would mind if she had to turn down a couple settings anyway which I doubt she would have to) and photoshop doesn't depend on the graphics card, but rather the CPU.

Your not overclocking, you don't need HZ ram or an after market cooler like Vernong says and the lowest end Core 2 Duos are not worth it. Your build is fine with the sole exception of the power supply. I've said before the Smart Power's are horrible and they die within a year almost all the time..

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail

This will run it fine and is much higher quality for the same price except you don't even have to worry about the rebate.

omg... the HZ's are cheaper than the NQ's and better RAM either way

oh nvm... just do the MIR

Then what do you recommend for the same price?

actually what he's talking about the pentiums i recommended which are kind of core 2 duos... the e4300's are decent (also cheap), really good if u overclock which u are not... same with the pentium's e series...... from there its preference of AMD/Intel or choose the cheapest one...

Then what do you recommend for the same price?

The AMD you have chosen already is fine.

And no I was not talking about the Pentiums. The E4300s are good (I have one but it is out of your budget) but the E21xx are not worth it compared to the AMDs.

And Vernong, the NQ's cost $80, HZ's $110, check again.

i looked up the requirements for Syberia, and its not as big as i thought, i was expecting something like Obliivion.... anyways

ExtremeTech's $800 Gaming PC Configuration

using this as a guideline:

seagate 160gb
that optical drive u have now
XFX GeForce 7600 GT
2 GB G-Skill NQ
Core 2 Duo E6320
gigabyte ds3

i think thats comes to a little over 800$ because only some of the https part of newegg is allwoed for me to view, i can only assume

i didn't know... i can only base the prices from memory.... remember newegg shopping parts = blocked..... i thought the NQ's were 120 and hz's were 109$ at newegg last time i remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom