Upgrade Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
so would it be better to save for a good card later than more ram?

or is the whole new video card process a big pain in the butt

yea...your going to have to use a flathead screw driver and pry out the video chipset from the mainbloard of the laptop

Gee ever think that maybe you can just DISABLE the onboard video and isntall a GFX Card. Not that a desktop cant do that. Just like most laptops cant now a days right.

But it seems that the V6000 doesnt offer that. So sadly while you saved some money on this laptop it isnt ready for the future. IT is only a buy now use now laptop. Unlike the ones i work on which allow for upgrades.

So yes Peter you were right that he cant upgrade his video card on this model. Doesnt mean that you cant on all laptops.

do you mind opening up your laptop module or whatever cover and taking a picture to show me what you mean by upgrading?

well i just wnt to know if upgrading the ram in my laptop will help with running
games that I meet the requirements for..like Doom 3 and WoW

because I meet the recomended requirements but it Doom 3 is unplayable ...is it because the dual Processor or will more ram fix this?

but im realy bummed I cant upgrade the video card to a better on later down the road I should have done my research but I hastened because it was on sale : (

do you mind opening up your laptop module or whatever cover and taking a picture to show me what you mean by upgrading?

I woudl but it was a customers laptop. To sum it up there was a door on the bottom of the laptop. In the corner. Kinda like this pic below. The image in the left corner, that is where the video card was. I was able to just remove it and replace it with a new video card that was designed for laptops.

88102_mod1.gif

So as you see some laptops do offer the ability to upgrade. As long as you spend the extra $$ up front and get a dedicated GFX card. That way you have the option to remove it later and replace it if necessary.

well i just wnt to know if upgrading the ram in my laptop will help with running
games that I meet the requirements for..like Doom 3 and WoW

because I meet the recomended requirements but it Doom 3 is unplayable ...is it because the dual Processor or will more ram fix this?

but im realy bummed I cant upgrade the video card to a better on later down the road I should have done my research but I hastened because it was on sale : (

As i stated above. IT should help. But nothing like a dedicated card will do. Since it is shared you have to make sure that the card make (nvidia 6150) is supported by the games. If it isnt there is nothing RAM or CPU can do that will help.

Also check in your BIOS to make sure that you can at least give your GFX 64MB of Video if not 128 espically after you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom