Upgrade Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
So I have a Vista Lappy with a GeForce Go 6150 and 1g of memory and dual 1.64processors would getting another gig of ram sigificantly improve my gaming?

i dont wanna spend alot
or would I be better off getting a better video card

I want to play games like Doom 3 and stuff that only take 64mb video ram

thanks in advance

oh really i didnt know that ...but would another gig of ram do alot for my gaming experience with my vid card...

lmao....you cant upgrade a laptops video card...

LMAO....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Many laptops now a days you can. Just have to make sure the Card is designed for Laptops. I just repolaced one yesterday. So it can be done. You have to know what you are doing. If you have not worked on a laptop take it to the Geek Squad or someplace of good stature and have them work on it and replace the Video Card for you.

Laptops now are make close to desktops. So that you can upgrade them and keep up with the times. So instead of using a outdated laptop you can keep up with the times.

The laptop i worked on had a slot on the bottom of it with several screws that had to be removed. After removing those screws it looked just like a desktop video card only smaller. I just unplugged it, put in the new one, booted into safe mode to remove all the old drivers and install the new ones. Done.

Like i said above. If you have not worked on a laptop before make sure you find someone who can. Dont take the chance of messing up your new laptop. Unless it is still under warrenty. Then have some fun.;) :laughing:

oh thank god i was mad if in the future i couldnt upgrade my new baby : )

but does anyone know about if an extra gig of ram will make a big diff in gaming in vista?

The RAM might help. But since it is shared GFX it wont due much. It is always better to have a dedicated Video card over a shared GFX anyday.

The Geek Squad was just a suggestion. I know they suck. But it is better to let them fubar it and get a free replacement than to try it yourself and not have anything. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom