Notebook Purchase Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

collinte26

Beta member
I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone might be able to give. I'm considering purchasing an Inspiron Notebook from Dell. I'd like to use this to play some games on. The thing is, I've been away from PC Gaming for such a long time, I am not sure what requirements of systems specs there even is now. I would occasionally play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 & The Sims 2 which are games I already own. So, would the following specs be good enough to play these games without any problem? And are the specs good enough to play many of the newer games that are on the market (I'm interested in purchasing Spore when it is released).

I don't have a large amount of money to spend on a notebook, and the configuration that I have chosen can be purchased for $684. I will for the most part be using it for schoolwork and that type of thing. Any information that anyone might provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Intel Core DUO T2350 (1.86 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB)
Windows Vista Home Basic
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife (Glossy)
1 GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533 MHz, 2 Dimm
120 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256 MB ATI Mobility Raedon X1400 HyperMemory
Integrated Audio

depends on how intensive the gaming u want to do is. I can tell you from expirence that most laptops arn't ideal for gaming. Are those the only two games you want to play, what i mean is games of that era or are you looking to try other, newer titles?

I more than likely would not want to get into newer gaming that much. I just can't keep up with how quick technology progresses. I was just curious if games on the market now would run that well on a computer such as this (of course I know that it would be game-dependent). I am interested in Spore when it comes out, but who knows what the requirements for it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom