Spontaneous Harddrive Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiffer

Beta member
I was installing a second SATA harddrive into my working computer becasue i wanted to transfer lots of data fast. when i turned the computer back on only that new harddrive poped up in the bios menu. Then i booted into the windows on the second harddrive. I checked for the other harddrive in my computer anyways but there was nothing else there. So now i have tried my old hard drive alone in that computer and in 2 other computers and none of them have detected it. This Drive has never had any problems till now. The Harddrives model is Maxtor 6L250S0

What steps can i take too make sure it is really broken and i cant get my data off it any more, or what can i do to fix it ?

That is weird somehow when youve installed the new one its screwed up the old one. I would say to rearrange the data plugs inside your computer but you said you have tried it in other computers and nothings picked it up. Maybe the boot order is messed up on the hardrive, at the back check which pin has the band on it and mix it up a bit. That is all i can think of for now.

I tryed the Maxblast software from cd and in windows they didn't seem to detect anything.
There are some pings in the back but they never had any jumpers on them, when it was still working. Also there dont seem to be any instructions for the jjumpers on top of the drive like there normaly are.

Maybe youve cooked the hardrive because if you put 2 in at once with a incapable psu, some stuff may get fried, because of a overload, if that is true its lucky you didnt fry you whole computer. This may explain why its not working on other computers.

THE HARDRIVE IS SCREWED... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom