Building a GODLY comp, come tell me what's wrong with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah and one more thing about the HD's. 2x 32GB HD's only equals 64GB of space all together... meh :p. And I try not to get WD's because of this incident with this HD they released... 3 year warrenty but they broke every other week - consistantly, and every one of them were defective. I can only imagine what their other HD's are like... but if they are fine I guess I can get 'em.

Hyper-threading is Intel only...sorry

Hyper-threading has it's pros and cons.

I am still with AMD all the way...especially when it comes to price.

ehhh when they suggested 2x10,000rpm drives i assume they meant to get them in a raid 0 array

This basically means the same data is written to both drives so when that data needs to be accesed it can be done at twice the rate because it reads half from each drive, sorta like adding the RPM's together...20,000rpm....but not haha. Therefore in 2x32GB drives only equals 32GB.

And another secret...ATI>Nvidia for raw power
Nvidia>ATI for software support

Both make great cards.

I knew about Raid-0.... but why wouldnt it add the storage space of them both togather since they are different drives? what the hell am I gonna do with 32 GB?

alright.. i was planning to get 120 GB but if its worth it this way to get 70 somthing I will I suppose... and i'll only hav 1 game installed at a time to save space.....

you can always use SATA drives, most programs aren't even big enough to notice the load time from 1 drive as opposed to 2.. Sata drives would suit your needs perfectly..

right now i have intel. My next upgrade is defently gonna be a amd. Also im getting another ATI. I WOULD NEVER BUY A NVIDIA EVEN IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

slvrstang is wrong. when you have 2 drives in a raid0 array, the space is added together. also, they come in 36 gb drives, not 32. so youll have 72 gb of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom